Super Soaker Headquarters
March 28, 2024, 11:55:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Demoting Gen. Cole/Un-Banning Cps2k

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Demoting Gen. Cole/Un-Banning Cps2k  (Read 566 times)
Cobralex297
Admin - Sergeant Major
Forum Leader

View Profile
« on: July 28, 2007, 10:20:01 pm »

Because of the chaos involving this site, it's administrators, and the apparently related chaos at the Foam Universe forums, I have un-banned CPS2k for further inquest into his banning, and I have demoted Gen. Cole, until things can be straightened out as to who did what and why exactly Gen. Cole has banned Cps2k.

I don't like to do something like this, and it makes me very unhappy that something like this should happen, however I was confronted by Cps2k after he was banned, and I think that regardless of what he has/has not done, he certainly deserves due process before permanent action is taken. Basically, by re-adding Cps2k as a normal member, and demoting Gen. Cole to a regular member, any possible further damage has been frozen, and everything can be straightened out before there is much chaos. I apologize to all members that have been affected, something like this should never happen, especially in the first week of a forum's life. I will personally do everything within my power to make sure that everyone gets what they deserve. I felt that I did need to take action, though, to prevent any more damage from happening.

Edit: Tense error corrected, last sentence.
Report Spam   Logged

"Duty is the sublimest word in the English language" - Robert E. Lee

"For lack of guidance a nation falls, but many advisers make victory sure." - Proverbs XI, 14

Semper Fidelis: Always faithful.
Semper Paratus: Always ready.

OO RAH!

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Cobralex297
Admin - Sergeant Major
Forum Leader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 10:32:11 pm »

I have created a new member group called 'Probationary Members'.
This is a restrictive membergroup, and I have created it to place the two aforementioned members in, until everything is figured out. This will distinguish them from normal members so as to improve security.

What's more, for all that may be interested, I feel that I should make it clear that I feel that I am wholly unqualified to run and maintain a forum. As soon as these issues are all straightened out, which I hope to be soon, I plan to make sure that the forum and it's administration are put into qualified responsible hands. I needed to take action in a time of confusion, however that's all i'll be here for, the confusion. Once I right the apparent wrongs, I'm just going to go back to being a member ... or something. Just not the head admin, definitely not that.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 10:45:43 pm by Cobralex297 » Report Spam   Logged

"For lack of guidance a nation falls, but many advisers make victory sure." - Proverbs XI, 14

OO RAH!
Cobralex297
Admin - Sergeant Major
Forum Leader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 10:53:34 pm »

The issue has been resolved. It did turn out that Cps2k was in the wrong, and Gen. Cole in the right. Considering this, Cps2k has been punished and put in a restrictive membergroup, and Cole has been restored to full admin. status.
[/pre]
Report Spam   Logged

OO RAH!
General Cole
Co-Creator
Admin - Sergeant Major
Forum Leader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 10:55:38 pm »

Now that this is back to normal.  The reason CPS2K was banned on this site aswell as FU was because he hacked the site, by taking a small amount of trust and turing it into hate.  He then made himself and Cobra an admin that was uncalled for.  I banned him on here so that he couldn't mess with this site aswell.  He will attest to it.
Report Spam   Logged

Soak On!
Cobralex297
Admin - Sergeant Major
Forum Leader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2007, 11:27:22 pm »

Currently, to make it clear, CPS2k is no longer banned though. He is in an extremely restrictive membergroup called the 'Probationary Member' member group, with a ranking of Private. In this group, there are so many restrictions, he will be able to do no harm until such time that he proves himself to be trustworthy. Most likely, this will be a while.
Report Spam   Logged

OO RAH!
General Cole
Co-Creator
Admin - Sergeant Major
Forum Leader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2007, 01:14:12 am »

I like it.  Just make sure anyone with power CHANGE YOUR PASSWORDS.  Thats how he busted in on FU.
Report Spam   Logged

Soak On!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum